About Me

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Relapse Wednesday

Do you ever have those days where all of your beauty/health/wellness resolves break down and in your mind you file it away as a loss and resolve that tomorrow you just have to do better?

Today was one of those days. Here's why:

1- Didn't take a lunch break. I know that I should force myself to take a lunch break every day (and no, sitting at my computer while eating and catching up on personal emails and the news doesn't count) no matter how busy I am or lazy I'm feeling. Just taking even a short walk outside makes me come back to the office feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the afternoon.

2- Picked my skin. I am a closet compulsive skin picker. I know I know, it's gross and weird but I can't help it, and I've been doing it for years, starting with peeling sunburnt skin when I was a kid. I know it's   probably the major cause behind my acne scarring, and yet I still do it. Some days I'm better than others, and of course it doesn't help that my super sensitive skin is also often itchy, so that's usually how it starts. My skin gets itchier in the spring here with everything growing and getting stirred up, and today has been super windy, so it was a bad skin day.

3- Binged on trail mix in the afternoon. I bought this super expensive trail mix yesterday from this hippie grocery store, and while amazingly delicious and probably the best trail mix I've ever had (it has walnuts, almonds, dates, sunflower seeds, cashews, peanuts, yogurt chips...can you get any more yum?) it is seriously addictive and every time I open it I find myself eating way more than I should and even getting to that point where I start to wonder "why am I still eating this when I feel slightly sick from eating so much already?" and eventually put it away. I still feel slightly sick 3 hours later.

After I got home from work, things got slightly better. I weighed myself and realized I didn't gain 400 pounds from eating a boatload of trail mix. I forced myself to do pilates and some stretching. I painted my nails. Coated my skin with argan oil to calm it down.

Maybe it wasn't such a loss after all.


1 comment: