About Me

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

I've been having mixed feelings about this post. Dermalogica isn't a "natural" brand, nor does it claim to be. It's developed by the The International Dermal Institute and while the ingredient lists are long with mostly names you can't pronounce, the difference to me is that 99% of those ingredients are high quality (or so my trusty esthetician and the Internet tells me). I've tested several of their products for an allergic reaction, and their Age Smart line is the only one that doesn't like me (which is OK with me for now, since my battle is mainly with acne and sensitivity and wrinkle prevention is merely a dot on the horizon). 

Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant is one of the products I purchased after my most recent facial. The $52 price tag was a little hard to swallow, but my esthetician assured me that if I was going to splurge on a product, this should be it. So far, I'm not disappointed. This is one of those products that wows after one use. It's a powder that you dispense into your palm, rub around with a wet hand to make into a thick paste, and slather all over your skin. I like to use it in the shower and leave it on my face while I'm doing something else to give it some extra time to sink in. After you rinse it off, your skin will be super soft and smooth. And the more I've used it, the softer and smoother it seems to be getting. Although "daily" is in its name, I use it every other day since I'm a bit cautious about over-exfoliating, and so far I'm seeing great results. My skin is overall looking clearer and more even.

My one complaint is that the small holes in the top to dispense the powder make it challenging to put some of it back in if you pour out too much, which I almost always do. At least it's a small complaint. I wouldn't be complaining at all if it was less that $52, which truly makes every ounce count. 

Something else that's cool about Dermalogica: they have fun how-to videos on their website for most of their products, so if you're not sure you're using something correctly, you can just watch the video! I actually watched the video for their Special Cleansing Gel and realized that I had been lathering up incorrectly, putting the product directly on my face rather than lathering a small amount up on my fingertips first. The More You Know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment