About Me

Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Routine

It's been over a month since my last post, and, believe it or not, over a month since I bought my last beauty product. I have realized that I have enough stock at home to last me through a zombie apocalypse and am determined to use what I can rather than buying more to replace something that I feel "eh" about. I've also been feeling like my wallet's a little tight lately, so that probably has something to do with it, but I also just hate waste of any kind, whether it's products, food, clothing, or just leaving the lights on when you leave a room.

I thought this would be a good time to share my current beauty routine with you. One thing that has noticably improved in the past month is my skin. I can't remember the last time I had a pimple that stood out on my face or dry flakiness, and I think a few new products that I have added to my routine have something to do with it.

Morning:
-Wash face with Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser (this is an example of a product I've had for a while and am trying to use up; the bottle seems bottomless. It works well as a cleanser and makeup remover, but I don't think it does much on its own for acne and it's slightly drying)
-Moisturize with Weleda Almond Lotion
-SPF it up with Dermalogica Ultra Calming Super Sensitive Shield SPF 30 (good for sun protection and doesn't make my skin break out or have an allergic reaction, but does zilch for moisturizing) 
-L'Occitane Shea Butter Lip Balm

Morning makeup:
-Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer under my eyes
-Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation, spot applied on any blemishes with my fingertip or a brush
-bareMinerals Original Foundation, followed by Mineral Veil
-Eyelashes curled and Benefit They're Real! Mascara applied
-Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment applied in a color, topped with Smith's Rosebud Salve or a Buxom gloss if desired (or a different gloss I'm trying to use up)

That's it! I only put eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, etc. on if I'm going out.

Evening:
-Wash face with Peaches Skin Care Blueberry Coffee Bean Exfoliating Cleanser (another cleanup item from a facial over a year ago, smells yummy but other than that it's "eh")
-Exfoliate with Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (only every other day, LOVE this stuff)
-Weleda Iris Hydrating Night Cream
-Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Eye Cream
-Badger Sleep Balm on lips

Shower:
-Shampoo twice with L'Occitane Aromachologie Soothing Shampoo (another never-empty bottle)
-Aveda Be Curly Conditioner
-Philosophy Field of Flowers Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath in Peony Blossom. I only use it as a shower gel, but have used other scents of this product in the past and it is OK for shampoo in a pinch, doesn't create nearly enough bubbles as bubble bath. I loved the Peony Blossom scent at first, it's an extremely strong floral that conjured up some nostalgia for me, but I'm getting a little sick of it and I have a giant 16 oz bottle to use up :(
-Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner


No comments:

Post a Comment